Yesterday we went over 5 common mistakes that homeowners run into when it comes to landscaping during colder months. As Spokane’s premier lawn service company throughout the year, we think one of the best ways to keep your landscape healthy is by sharing information.
We know that yard work and gardening can be unpleasant. Doing it wrong will just create more problems for yourself while doing it right will ensure your landscape lives on for years. Keep reading to learn 5 more issues we see and hear about frequently.
- Raking leaves can be tedious and deadly dull. It’s also a chore that absolutely has to get done. By not raking, fungus and mold will accumulate, plus removing accumulated snow becomes a real pain in the neck.
- When the temperature drops, using weed killer is a no-no. A good rule of thumb is to only use weed killer treatments if the outside temperature is at least 60 degrees.
- Procrastination is a problem, especially when it comes to spring planting. It takes time for plants to mature and grow, so, logically, they need to be planted and prepared early.
- Your garden supplies will eventually wear out. If you’re looking to save money, buy them during spring clearance and summer sales. Tools, soil, pots, and other items can be marked down as much as 90%.
- Check your crops and leaves for signs of pest infestations. If you see problems, don’t wait to do something about it.