Trees are an incredibly important and vital part of our environment, just as they are an extremely important part of your yard. Not only do trees provide shade in your lawn, but they help to keep your soil healthy and they act as a home for an assortment of critters. If you want to make sure that the trees in your yard continue to be thrive after the coming winter, there are several things you can do right now. Continue reading below to find out how to make the most of your trees now so that they can be beautiful come spring 2018.
Tree Care We Hope You Have Already Been Practicing
If you truly want to most out of your trees, then we sincerely hope you haven’t done anything to stunt their growth up to this point. The keys to having trees that thrive are as follow:
- You must keep your trees trimmed. If you do not, many of the branches will become too heavy, causing them to break and damage the tree.
- You should ensure that none of the branches of your tree are touching power lines. This is a safety precaution that absolutely must be taken if you don’t want to risk a fire or a power outage occurring.
- Make sure the soil in your yard is ample enough to provide nutrients to the trees in your yard.
Tree Care To Complete This Month
We’re assuming that you have already been doing all of the actions above, meaning it’s time for you to figure out what you need to do now in order to prep your trees for colder weather. Be sure you do the following:
- Make sure that when you are trimming the trees in your yard that you always trim the branches that have a V-shaped narrow angle.
- Be sure that you are only trimming the branches that are either young or generally just weak-looking.
- You should really only trim skinnier branches on your own. When you opt to trim big branches on your own, you run a huge risk of injuring the tree, or even worse, yourself.
- You should always trim smaller branches at their base. This is where they break off from their main branch which will be larger.
Hire The Professional Tree Care Team
While you may have been doing a good job of maintaining the health of your trees throughout the spring and summer seasons, as you can see, things get a bit more complicated when you are prepping for winter. If you want to ensure that your trees are in their best health next year, we would suggest you skip doing all the work yourself and hire a professional tree care team to take care of all of the work for you. At Impeccable Landscapes, we are more than capable of making the trees in your lawn in pristine condition so that they can survive even through the harshest of winters. Contact us today to learn more about what we can do for you and the trees in your yard.