We’re all familiar with stress.
It creeps up on us when there’s a big project at work, kids misbehaving, or a lot of traffic during our commute home on Friday night. We think of stress as a thing only humans have to deal with, but that’s not exactly true.
Although it’s clearly a different kind, your lawn can also experiences stress. Keep reading to learn more about things that can stress out your lawn, then see how easy it can be to keep your yard looking and feeling its best with premium lawn care services from Impeccable Landscapes in Spokane!
Things That Cause Stress For Your Lawn
You might think that weed and bug infestations are the only things that might stress out your lawn, but there are other factors that play a big role as well.
- Heat – Long periods of extremely hot weather definitely ramps up the stress for your grass, causing it to stop growing or even turn brown.
- Lack Of Rain – Thankfully, we don’t have to deal with this stress factor too often in the Pacific Northwest, but a lack of moisture definitely causes stress for many types of grass.
- Foot Traffic – That’s right! Just walking on your grass causes it a lot of stress. If you have a yard that sees a lot of foot traffic from people or pets, it’s likely experiencing some stress.
How To Help Your Lawn Cope With Stress
The way you care for your lawn can make a big difference in helping it deal with stress, which is why so many people in Spokane turn to Impeccable Landscapes for premium lawn care services. There are also some things you can do to help, such as:
- Reducing the foot traffic on your lawn, especially when the soil is still wet from watering.
- Keeping your mower blade sharpened and on a high setting.
- Avoid feeding when your lawn is showing signs of stress.
- Only water in the morning.
Worried that your lawn is stressed out but don’t have time to give it the TLC it deserves? Call Impeccable Landscapes today! Our lawn care experts know exactly how to rejuvenate and support your turf.